Disabled season ticket holders queue for hours for Wembley tickets

Latest team news, results, video clips, interviews and live coverage

Disabled season ticket holders queue for hours for Wembley tickets

Postby dutchman » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:13 pm

People began queueing before the sales desk opened at 10.30am

Fans hoping to see Coventry City play at Wembley have slammed how ticket sales have been organised.

Hundreds of fans began queuing up at the club's ticket office at the Butts Park Arena to snag their tickets to see the Sky Blues play in the Checkatrade Trophy final.

However one fan has complained that ticket sales have seen disabled supporters waiting for hours until a designated sales desk was opened.

Sky Blues fan Nik Holmes spoke to the Telegraph while he was trapped in the queue to claim the coveted tickets.

He and his son, who is registered disabled, have been season ticket holders for three years.

He said: "They seem to have not anticipated the extra demand at all."

Nik explained that he had to buy his tickets from the ticket office because he had to buy disabled and carer tickets, which couldn't be purchased online.

He said: "I have to queue because the disabled and carer tickets I need aren't available online.

"When I was in the queue, I rang Ticketmaster on the number on my season ticket.

"After being on hold for 30 minutes I was told they didn't do free carer tickets on that line. I rang the club numbers that Ticketmaster gave me and was told they weren't doing disabled tickets on the phone either, but they told me they were opening a dedicated terminal for disabled ticket holders."

He said that despite a third ticket window being opened at around 3.30pm for disabled fans and carers, he didn't hear an announcement about it.

He added: "As it stands I'm probably 60 to 90 minutes from being served.

"It's woeful that disabled can't buy online or over the phone.

"There's diabetic people in this queue who have been here seven hours and are really struggling."

Nearly 11,000 tickets for the Checkatrade Trophy final have already been sold, with priority sale to season ticket holders beginning this morning.

Each season ticket holder was eligible to buy up to six tickets for the match.

Coventry City have been contacted for comment.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Sky Blues