Jason Manford admits to 'web sex' with 12 girls

Jason Manford admits to 'web sex' with 12 girls

Postby dutchman » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:16 am

Jason Manford has admitted that he engaged in internet sex sessions with 12 fans.

The revelations follow yesterday's announcement that Manford has decided to step down as host of The One Show.

The comedian owned up to a series of racy Skype video calls with female admirers, as well as exchanging a number of sexual messages on Twitter, one of which was reported earlier this month.

He told The Sun: "I have only myself to blame. I have never felt so low. If I was reading this about someone else, I'd think, 'What an arsehole. How can he look at himself in the mirror?'

"I think it was because there was a danger to it. I don't drink or do drugs, so it's not like I've those to blame - just my own stupidity. Every word seems an excuse - but I am sorry. I don't want to be crying in front of people, I want to be making them laugh."

Manford confessed to getting sexual satisfaction from the live video conversations he had with the women, all of which he conducted from a hotel room.

"I went on Skype with a few girls," he said. "They also sent pictures on Twitter. It all happened on tour. It's boredom and loneliness.

"It was a few weeks back and I was in a hotel and a couple of them went too far. We would start off flirty, then innuendo and then a bit saucy. It was just nice to have some interaction I suppose. But the next morning I would wake up and think, 'F**k. Oh my God.'

"The mad thing was, when I was chatting there were messages I knew went too far. They weren't just flirty. I can't even describe it. It's such a weird world online. People throw themselves at you."

The 29-year-old went on to say how he gave a full account of his actions to wife Debra McNamee because he wanted to come clean before the imminent birth of the couple's third child.

"The fundamental thing is, I was a dickhead. My wife has called me a dickhead," he said. "We have had a serious sit-down about it and agreed that what we've got is worth fighting for.

"She's fine and we're fine. The kids are fine. We've got another one in three weeks. I don't feel any less of a dad but I still feel I've let them down. I just hope they never find out. I hope we can move on.

"My wife texted me today to say, 'Me and you are fine. We are dealing with it.' I am upset that I have disappointed people. Everyone makes mistakes."

Manford - who revealed that he has deleted Twitter from his phone - added: "Hopefully me and my wife have another 60 years together. That is the most important thing.

"If people don't want to come to the shows anymore and I end up on the bins, that doesn't matter. I am a good dad, a good husband. From now I am going to be one forever. That's it."
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Other TV