This Morning's Eamonn Holmes hits out at ITV over axe

This Morning's Eamonn Holmes hits out at ITV over axe

Postby dutchman » Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:48 am

But the channel disagrees with his comments

Eamonn Holmes has hit out at ITV over his axe from This Morning, claiming that he wasn't told the reasons he was leaving the show.

The veteran presenter, who now works for controversial channel GB News, has spoken to the Daily Mail's latest Weekend issue where he stated he had "no idea" that show bosses wanted him and Ruth Langsford to leave.

"No one explained anything to me," he claimed. "I'm all for TV companies being able to choose who works for them, but it would be nice if you were told why you were going.

"They're sly. They didn't want to announce that I'd been dropped because it would adversely affect audience figures, so they made it look as if I'd walked away from them rather than the other way round.

"They had a chat with my agent and announced that I was going to GB News when they'd done no more than ask if I'd be interested in joining them. I'm not going to have myself derided as some sort of has-been. I may be male and pale but I'm still at the top of my game."

He also accused the show's bosses of being "hypocritical", claiming that "the diversity is only on screen" and that management is only made up of middle-aged white men, after Alison Hammond and Dermot O'Leary became the new co-hosts.

A spokesperson for ITV has denied Eamonn's accusations: "This isn't a version of events that we recognise and as we have said before, we wish Eamonn all of the very best."

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Other TV