The Wave adverts

The Wave adverts

Postby rebbonk » Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:09 pm

Anyone else noticed The Wave being advertised on TV?

I've noticed adverts in the early hours on GB News. I'm really not sure how they're expected to be effective at that time of day. :rolling:
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Re: The Wave adverts

Postby dutchman » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:32 pm

I often see totally inappropriate ads in the early hours of the morning, they don't seem to care as long as the advertising slot is cheap. :roll:
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby rebbonk » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:49 pm

The problem I have, Dutchman, is that the good citizens of this city are paying for it. Maybe O'Boyle would like to explain how it's value for money? :hysterical:

I'll not go holding my breath!
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby dutchman » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:55 pm

Coventry waterpark The Wave removes GB News advert

Coventry water park The Wave has withdrawn an advertisement from start-up media company GB News.

The move makes it the latest organisation to stop advertising with the new news channel, which has been in the headlines on a regular basis since it started.

The news organisation is chaired by former BBC presenter Andrew Neil and boasts many high-profile figures, including Nigel Farage, ex-BBC presenter Simon McCoy, former executive editor for the Sun Dan Wootton and ex-Sky broadcaster Colin Brazier.

Coventry City Council, which owns the facility, have said that who the operators, CV Life, choose to advertise with is not a matter for the council but that they understand that the advertisement has been removed.

A Coventry City Council spokeswoman said: "The Wave is a brilliant attraction in the heart of our city centre but who they choose to advertise with is a matter for them and not the Council.

"However, we understand that CV Life has withdrawn the advert from GB news."

It is not known why the advert has been withdrawn and CVLife have been contacted for a comment.

Sainsbury's this week denied pulling its advertising with GB News and said the deal came to a 'natural end'.

The Press Gazette has reported a list of firms that have 'suspended' advertising with the news channel.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Other TV