Doctor Who announces Game of Thrones star in recurring role...

Doctor Who announces Game of Thrones star in recurring role...

Postby dutchman » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:10 pm

From Westeros to the TARDIS

Doctor Who has announced a Game of Thrones star will be making his debut in the upcoming season 13.

Revealed at today's (25 June) Doctor Who Comic-Con@Home panel, Jacob Anderson, who played Grey Worm in the Westeros series for five seasons, is joining the cast as a recurring character called Vinder.

Vinder will be joining forces with the Doctor and the crew as she faces her biggest ever adventure battling evil across time and space.

Anderson said: "The Doctor has been a part of my life forever, from watching and rewatching the serials on VHS as a kid and being terrified, to unexpectedly finding my eyes watering when the Tenth Doctor said "I don't want to go", I always wanted to live in the Whoniverse.

"Not only has a lifelong dream of mine now been fulfilled, but to be playing a character as fun, adventurous, and dynamic as Vinder is the cherry on top. This is very cool."

His character joins the returning Doctor (Jodie Whittaker), Yaz (Mandip Gill) and previously-announced newbie John Bishop, who will be playing Dan Lewis.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Other TV