Cat Deeley is taking over Lorraine Kelly's presenting role...

Cat Deeley is taking over Lorraine Kelly's presenting role...

Postby dutchman » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:37 pm

Cat Deeley is coming back to breakfast TV

SM:TV Live icon Cat Deeley is returning to breakfast TV in the coming weeks, with the presenter set to take over from Lorraine Kelly over the Easter break.

Cat will front episodes of Lorraine from next week (April 5 to April 9) – and she's promised to welcome "some old friends on air" during her guest stint, too.

It's also been confirmed that Good Morning Britain's Ranvir Singh will keep Lorraine's seat warm the following week (April 12 to April 16).

In a statement, Cat said: "Lorraine has kindly entrusted me with her show while she has a break over Easter.

"I'm so happy to be back at ITV for the coming week and looking forward to meeting some people I've wanted to ­interview for some time and also welcoming some old friends on air."

Lorraine's editor Victoria Kennedy was equally thrilled to have Cat – who recently reunited with Ant and Dec for a Chums special on Saturday Night Takeaway – on board.

"Next week the lovely Cat Deeley will take to the helm of Lorraine, providing viewers at home with much-needed Easter enjoyment.

"As a huge fan of SM:TV, I'm more than just a bit delighted. And of course we look forward to welcoming Ranvir back too. We've got a great line-up of Easter guests joining us."

With Cat recently making her Saturday night return on Takeaway, and Lorraine Kelly admitting that she'd love her own late-night show, perhaps a swap's on the cards?

Make it happen, ITV.

Lorraine airs weekdays on ITV.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Other TV