Doctor Who star John Barrowman returning as Captain Jack for Christmas special

Doctor Who star John Barrowman returning as Captain Jack for Christmas special

Postby dutchman » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:48 am

"Daleks, beware!"

Doctor Who has announced that John Barrowman will be returning as Captain Jack Harkness in this year's Christmas special.

Captain Jack's return is timely, with the Doctor currently locked up in an alien prison. In 'Revolution of the Daleks', the character offers his help to the Doctor's companions as they look to foil the Daleks' latest disturbing plan and save Earth.

Fans previously saw Captain Jack making a shock return during the series 12 episode 'Fugitive of the Jadoon', when he asked Yaz, Ryan, and Graham to pass on a warning message to the Doctor.

"Putting on Jack's coat and setting foot back on the set of Doctor Who was just like going back home," Barrowman said of today's announcement (November 23).

"It's always thrilling to play Captain Jack. He's a character very close to my heart who changed my life, and to know the fans love him as much as I do makes his return even sweeter. I hope everyone enjoys Jack's heroic adventure with Thirteen."

Executive producer Chris Chibnall also expressed excitement for Barrowman's return in his statement.

"A Doctor Who Festive Special means treats galore, and there's no bigger treat than the return of John Barrowman to Doctor Who, for an epic and emotional feature-length episode," Chibnall said.

"If anyone can blast away the sheer rubbishness of 2020, it's Captain Jack. Daleks, beware!"

Barrowman first played Captain Jack in 2005, and went on to lead spin-off Torchwood from 2006 to 2011.

Doctor Who airs on BBC One in the UK and BBC America in the US, and will return for a festive special.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Other TV