The Vicar Of Dibley is returning for new episodes over Christmas

The Vicar Of Dibley is returning for new episodes over Christmas

Postby dutchman » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:17 pm

Dawn French is back in the dog collar

With 2020 being a difficult year, it's fair to say we need an extra dose of wholesome TV over Christmas.

Enter The Vicar Of Dibley which is returning for three special episodes, The Vicar Of Dibley In Lockdown.

Dawn French is reprising her role as Geraldine Granger, and the 10-minute episodes will focus on the Vicar giving her sermons over Zoom.

"Back in the dog collar, back in Dibley and back on your telly at Xmas," Dawn said. "I couldn't be happier. Bless you."

A statement from the producers explained: "During lockdown, post lockdown and pre-another-lockdown, Geraldine has been writing and delivering monthly sermons to her parishioners via Zoom... when she can make it work.

"These new thoughts on life (and chocolate) will air after repeat showings of classic episodes of the multi-award winning The Vicar Of Dibley, this Christmas on BBC One.

"Geraldine will be helped by Hugo Horton as well as some of the local primary school children as the vicar discusses all the important topics, including how it's never a good idea to let Owen Newitt cut your hair, or make home-made wine."

They added: "The very dearly departed Alice Tinker is also still an important presence in the village, with some residents still looking for lost buttons and the arrival of decimalisation."

Writer Richard Curtis added: "Like every village in the country, there's been a lot happening in Dibley this year – and Dawn has got a lot to say about it."

The episodes will be shown in the run-up to Christmas, with a half-hour compilation of the three airing later.

The Vicar Of Dibley first aired on the BBC in 1994. It ran for two seasons and had numerous specials, the most recent being for Children In Need's The Big Night In.

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: The Vicar Of Dibley is returning for new episodes over Christmas

Postby dutchman » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:18 pm

the 10-minute episodes will focus on the Vicar giving her sermons over Zoom

Having seen an American sit-com which tried the same idea I predict it will be a total flop. :roll:
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby rebbonk » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:48 pm

Personally, I find Dawn French about as funny as running out of toilet paper.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby Melisandre » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:58 pm

rebbonk wrote:Personally, I find Dawn French about as funny as running out of toilet paper.

Same Rebbonk .
Melisandre

Return to Other TV