Meet the Coventry kid cast in Netflix drama coming to UK

Meet the Coventry kid cast in Netflix drama coming to UK

Postby dutchman » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:29 pm

Brooke Carter will appear as Clara in the new season of The Alienist

A Coventry kid has been cast in a popular Netflix drama with A-list celebrities.

Brooke Carter, aged 10, will play Clara in TNT’s The Alienist, season two.

The Park Hill Primary School student moved out to Budapest for six weeks of filming with her parents, Shauna and Scott Carter, to shoot for the part.

Season one of the show is already on Netflix, with season two: ‘Angel of Darkness’ having just finished airing in the USA.

Season two will be coming to the UK soon, and sees Brooke working alongside celebrities like Dakota Fanning, Luke Evans, Daniel Bruhl, Ted Levine, Matilda Ziegler and Douglas Smith for the hit drama.

The 10-year-old began performing at just 18 months old after discovering a passion for dancing.

Her mum, Shauna, said: “She absolutely loved the musical Hairspray, and would tap dance on the table. We took her to dance classes and it all snowballed from there.

“She’s a born performer, but we have no idea where she gets it from because it’s not me or her dad!

“When she was five, she joined an agency in London and was cast in the Jet2 Holidays advert, where we were flown to Fuerteventura!”

Brooke has appeared in several commercials, such as Crayola and Dyson - and was flown to South Africa to film a Volvo advert in 2017.

Shauna added: “It was daunting to say we were going to move over to Budapest for over a month. Me and my husband watched the first season on Netflix and it was quite gory but the cast was huge.

"I love Twilight and Dakota Fanning - it was mind blowing that Brooke would be working with her.”

Brooke wants to become a professional famous actress or a lawyer when she’s older.

The 10-year-old said: “I loved meeting all the stars of the programme and working with them on set. It was a dream come true.

“My favourite part of filming was learning how to do my own stunts. Jan my dialect coach showed me how to act out the hair pulling stunt. I had a stunt double on set but David Caffrey, the director, allowed me to complete my own stunts when I said I was confident in doing them.”

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Meet the Coventry kid cast in Netflix drama coming to UK

Postby dutchman » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:40 pm

When I saw her holding a stuffed rabbit I assumed it was a remake of 2007's The Last Mimzy! :clown:

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Meet the Coventry kid cast in Netflix drama coming to UK

Postby Melisandre » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:41 pm

I ve never watched either but she is a lucky girl to be chosen .
Melisandre

Return to Other TV