BBC confirms new-look 'Film 2010'

BBC confirms new-look 'Film 2010'

Postby dutchman » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:27 pm

Film 2010 will be revamped ahead of its return this autumn, the BBC has confirmed.

Claudia Winkleman, who replaces Jonathan Ross as the show's host, has been given a co-host in film journalist Danny Leigh.

Leigh said in a statement: "When I was a kid in the dim and distant 1980s becoming ever more obsessed with movies, there were two places I could find out about them – my local fleapit cinema in Brighton, and the BBC's Film Programme with Barry Norman.

"Having been lucky enough to spend a chunk of the years since writing about film for a living, it entirely boggles my mind to have the chance to co-host the show now.

"I'm really looking forward to working with Claudia and we'll have something for everyone from the casual Wednesday night passer-by to the most well-informed and passionate film fanatic."

Winkleman added: "I'm completely over the moon about Danny joining the team. He's going to be a fantastic companion discussing all things film - from the latest Hollywood blockbuster to independent art-house cinema. We're even going to discuss the merits of Speed 2 at the weekends - I'm being perfectly serious."

As the show approaches its 40th anniversary, it will extend its coverage from 30 to 40 minutes, as well as broadcast live debates with chosen critics.
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Other TV