Miranda is returning to TV with a one-hour special show

Miranda is returning to TV with a one-hour special show

Postby dutchman » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:12 pm

Can you believe the sitcom started 10 years ago?

It has been 10 years since Miranda Hart first fell over on our TV screens, so the BBC has commissioned a Miranda anniversary special.

The hour-long show, titled Miranda: My Such Fun Celebration, will see the cast reunite at the Palladium in London. There, they will look back at some of their fondest memories from their time on the sitcom and reveal some behind the scenes info.

There will also be a whole host of silly moments, dancing and galloping (but of course!).

"What happened with my sitcom and comedy alter ego over the last 10 years has been unexpected to say the least," Miranda herself said. "So it's very moving for me to have the chance to celebrate and thank my cast and the fans from the Palladium stage.

"We are hoping to put together a what I call such fun hour of television for them all."

Miranda has previously said that she will never do a Miranda movie, citing other poorly received movie versions of classic British sitcoms as her reason why.

She also stated that while she has thought about the idea of following Miranda's married life, a fourth series isn't being actively worked on.

She did reunite with Tom Ellis for a Red Nose Day skit earlier this year, however.

Miranda: My Such Fun Celebration will air later this year on BBC One.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Other TV