The Jeremy Kyle Show is permanently axed following death of guest

The Jeremy Kyle Show is permanently axed following death of guest

Postby dutchman » Wed May 15, 2019 3:39 pm

Show suspended production earlier this week

The Jeremy Kyle Show has been permanently axed following the recent death of a guest.

ITV suspended production of the daytime show earlier this week after it was revealed that guest Steve Dymond had died following his appearance.

However, the broadcaster confirmed today (May 15) that it was now cancelling the show completely, saying in a statement: "Given the gravity of recent events we have decided to end production of The Jeremy Kyle Show.

"The Jeremy Kyle Show has had a loyal audience and has been made by a dedicated production team for 14 years, but now is the right time for the show to end.

"Everyone at ITV's thoughts and sympathies are with the family and friends of Steve Dymond. The previously announced review of the episode of the show is under way and will continue.

"ITV will continue to work with Jeremy Kyle on other projects."

Before the cancellation news broke, ITV said it was addressing the show's aftercare process amid questions from the press and online.

"The programme has significant and detailed duty of care processes in place for contributors pre, during and post show which have been built up over 14 years, and there have been numerous positive outcomes from this, including people who have resolved complex and long-standing personal problems," they said at the time.

The broadcaster added that it was "shocked and saddened at the news of the death of a participant in the show a week after the recording of the episode they featured in and our thoughts are with their family and friends".

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: The Jeremy Kyle Show is permanently axed following death of guest

Postby rebbonk » Wed May 15, 2019 5:08 pm

I can honestly say I have never watched a full programme of this.

However, those that seek to air their grievances in the full glare of publicity deserve all they get in my opinion.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby Melisandre » Wed May 15, 2019 7:10 pm

I am pleased to hear this as they are vertually told what to say and not to say I know as one of my older grand daughters went on and had to sign a gagging clause.
Melisandre

Postby rebbonk » Wed May 15, 2019 8:59 pm

Interesting Melisandre. I know someone who went on The Krypton factor and told me afterwards that they were told what to say.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby Melisandre » Thu May 16, 2019 8:21 pm

Yes as I was informed about this one coming out now is because it was the man who committed suicide land lady who bought this about as she had nt signed any thing.

I am so pleased he has lost this show I find JK a sadistic man and its a good job my mum was nt alive when my grand daughter was on his show I ll say no more on that .
The show is no different to how governments brain wash people to keep them in tow and there are 4 phases of this the first is to demoralise the 4th is to neutralise stated by an ex KGB top man who defected.
Melisandre

Return to Other TV