Victoria star Jenna Coleman confirms ITV series is going on a "break" after series 3

Victoria star Jenna Coleman confirms ITV series is going on a "break" after series 3

Postby dutchman » Sun May 12, 2019 3:30 pm

"It's definitely going to take a break, bit of a breather"

Victoria star Jenna Coleman has revealed that the show will take a "break" after the third series.

The ITV show is about to wrap up its latest season, though with the many historic events in Queen Victoria's life there is a potential for the series to run long into the future.

However, Coleman has revealed that they're currently working out where to go next, though admitted she doesn't know if she'll still be playing the role as the Queen ages.

"We don't know yet," she told Graham Norton's Radio 2 show. "It's definitely going to take a break, bit of a breather and then we're working out… there's a lot of conversations, do you start at the Crimean War, or do you start later?

"I mean there's too much story, unless I literally did commit until I am 63."

Norton then suggested the show could take a tip from Netflix's The Crown and recast the main characters every few series.

"That's another option as well," Coleman added. "I've currently got seven children in the show, so there's definitely a point where it becomes not realistic anymore. I've just caught up with her age and my age."

She then joked of the changing appearances: "We're beginning 'jowl conversations'. We either jump cut or we need to get those jowls in the grain."

A few months ago, writer Daisy Goodwin revealed that she was working on series 4: "I am working on series four at the moment and that's going to be an absolute humdinger, because... well, you can go to Wikipedia to find out!"

Victoria airs on ITV.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Other TV