Barry Chuckle, one half of the Chuckle Brothers, has died at the age of 73

Barry Chuckle, one half of the Chuckle Brothers, has died at the age of 73

Postby dutchman » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:33 pm

His manager confirmed the sad news in a statement

Barry Elliott – better known as Barry Chuckle, one half of the comedy duo the Chuckle Brothers – has passed away.

The entertainer passed away at the age of 73 at his home surrounded by family, with his manager confirming the news in a statement released today (August 5).

"It is with great sadness that the family announce that Barry passed away peacefully at his home surrounded by his wife Ann and all his family," manager Phil Dale said (via The Guardian).

"The family would like to express their thanks to the many people who have been fans of the Chuckle Brothers and they know that they will share in part the great, great loss they feel."

Barry's brother and comedy partner Paul also shared a brief statement, adding: "I've not just lost my brother, I've lost my theatrical partner of many, many years and my very best friend."

The statement continued to add that the star "leaves 50 years of laughter as his legacy which is something very special".

"There will be no further comment at the moment and it would be much appreciated if the privacy of Barry's family is respected at this most difficult time," it continued.

Barry and Paul had recently been filming a new series called Chuckle Time with the Chuckle Brothers for Channel 5, and Barry fell ill towards the end of filming. He later cancelled his summer work at his doctor's request, but his health deteriorated not long after.

Barry was best known for his work with his brother Paul on ChuckleVision, a children's comedy programme that ran on the BBC between 1987 and 2009, but the duo have been performing together for decades, even winning television talent show Opportunity Knocks in 1967.

Through the 1970s, the pair were regulars on New Faces before Chuckle Hounds and ChuckleVision both premiered in the 1980s.

The duo also have two older brothers, Jimmy and Brian, who are also in a comedy act known as the Patton Brothers, who have both appeared in episodes of ChuckleVision.

In 2014, the Chuckle Brothers teamed up with Tinchy Stryder for a music video for a charity single inspired by the Brothers' catchphrases, called 'To Me, 'To You (Bruv)'.

Earlier this year, Barry and Paul delighted Benidorm fans with a cameo appearance on the show, which sees the Chuckle brothers transform into magic act The Great Crostini & Co for the evening.

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Barry Chuckle, one half of the Chuckle Brothers, has died at the age of 73

Postby rebbonk » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:12 pm

R.I.P.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Return to Other TV