Richard and Judy's daughter says Judy Finnigan has retired from TV

Richard and Judy's daughter says Judy Finnigan has retired from TV

Postby dutchman » Wed May 16, 2018 11:38 pm

After 43 years in the business

After a 43-year career, Judy Finnigan has retired from television, according to her daughter Chloe Madeley.

Speaking to The Sun, Chloe revealed that her mum is now focusing on her 'health and happiness'.

"My mum is done with TV and if she went back to it I don't think it would make her happy," Chloe said.

"She wants to concentrate on other things, such as her health and our family."

Chloe, who is a fitness expert and television presenter herself, also explained her mum has recently made lifestyle changes and had lost weight after switching to "fresh, clean, wholesome food".

As for Judy's husband and telly partner Richard Madeley, Chloe says she's happy he's still presenting.

"My dad is still in the mix on TV," Chloe added. "I love watching him do what he does best and I love listening to him."

Richard currently has a Sunday slot on Radio 2 and is a regular guest host on ITV's Good Morning Britain.

Richard and Judy married in 1986 and two years later they became household names as the hosts of This Morning.

After leaving the show in 2001, they went to Channel 4 to host teatime chat show Richard & Judy.

The series ended in 2008, after which the couple had a short run on UKTV's digital channel Watch.

Judy made her last television appearance in 2015 as a panelist on Loose Women.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Other TV