Plebs series 4 reveals who will replace Joel Fry

Plebs series 4 reveals who will replace Joel Fry

Postby dutchman » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:11 pm

And introduces some pretty big-name cameos, too

Marcus and Grumio might be down a fellow Pleb, but that hasn't stopped the hit comedy series from returning for an imminent fourth series – with a replacement in tow, of course.

Yes, today (March 6) it was officially announced that fans would be able to revisit all that was terrible about Ancient Rome when Plebs returns for an eight-part series next month.

As well as when it will be back, we also know who will be joining Plebs for its upcoming run – including Joel Fry's replacement, Jonathan Pointing.

Pointing will be joining Tom Rosenthal and Ryan Sampson as a happy-go-lucky builder called Jason, and rest assured he'll slip right into Pleb life with no trouble.

Jonathan Pointing isn't the only new face that fans of the ITV2 sitcom will be seeing when Plebs returns to our screens, because there are also some pretty big-name guest stars on board.

As well as the likes of Aisling Bea, Ellie Taylor, Annette Badland, Angus Wright and Made in Chelsea's Ollie Locke, Plebs will also be welcoming none other than Robert Lindsay.

Lindsay will play crooked property developer Crassus, who the Plebs will procure an abandoned toilet from in order to start up their own wine bar, 'The Crown and Toga'.

Plebs, which also has an adaptation in development for US TV with Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg's production company (!), is written by Sam Leifer and Tom Basden.

The hilarious, and actually kind of historically accurate, comedy series will kick off its fourth series on ITV2 in April.

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Plebs series 4 reveals who will replace Joel Fry

Postby martinskors » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:36 pm

the first and second season were the best for me , the third season only had 1 funny ep the one where grumio is getting fat , who else thought the third season was a big let down ?
martinskors

Postby dutchman » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:25 pm

Agreed, I thought each successive season was a disappointment compared to the one before. The loss of the two English girls after the first two seasons was also a major blow. There was still the odd chuckle though so I continued to watch.

And by the way Martin :welwave: to the forum :smile:
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby rebbonk » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:30 pm

I rarely watch TV so have no idea about this. But welcome all the same. :cheers:
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby dutchman » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:38 pm

rebbonk wrote:I rarely watch TV so have no idea about this.

It's a gross-out comedy set in ancient Rome featuring the everyday lives of ordinary Roman citizens but spoken in the modern vernacular. The first six episodes were absolutely brilliant but they've been milking it for laughs ever since.
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Other TV