Quest Red+1 switches Freeview frequency...

Quest Red+1 switches Freeview frequency...

Postby dutchman » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:59 am

Quest Red+1 has changed Freeview multiplexes, meaning some viewers will now be able to access the timeshift channel on a full-time basis

On Wednesday 6th December, the service, which continues to broadcast on Freeview channel 84, moved to a different frequency.

Previously, Quest Red+1 was only available for a few hours every morning, rendering it of little use to most viewers; its main purpose to secure a Freeview channel number for when it was able to go full-time. On the new frequency, Quest Red+1 reaches around 3/4 of UK households and can now be seen full-time.

Viewers are required to have a next generation Freeview HD or Freeview Play compatible device to watch the standard definition channel. It is available following a retune to anyone who can already receive channels such as BBC Four HD on 106 and BBC News HD on 107. Other viewers will no longer be able to access the channel on Freeview.

The main parent channel on 38 is unaffected by the changes.

Technical details

Quest Red+1
  • Was broadcast on multiplex COM6/ArqB
  • Now broadcast on COM7. It's video ID number confirms it has taken the former Talking Pictures bandwidth, which became free on 30th November.
  • Remains on channel 84 following a retune.
  • Viewers out of coverage will lose access to the channel.
  • An information slate on the old slot is now on-air, which moves to 793 on retuning.

Quest Red+1 I couldn't care less about but I'll be annoyed if Quest+1 follows suit as I rely on it for late night viewing.

Also, why all these piecemeal changes? Why can't they save them all up and do them all on the same day to save endless retunings? There are going to be massive changes anyway in this region on March 7th which will affect Quest Red+1 and others so why not save the move until then? :roll:
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Other TV