Local transmitter changes...

Local transmitter changes...

Postby dutchman » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:32 pm

From the 7th March next year Freeview channels in some areas will be moving. In some cases these will require a new aerial, these will be supplied free by Digital UK where necessary.

Those served by Allesley Park will be unaffected while the more obscure channels from Sutton Coldfield such as BBC4HD and More4+1 will be moving from UHF channels 33 and 35 to 55 and 56.

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Local transmitter changes...

Postby dutchman » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:30 am

Anyone concerned about how their reception might change in the future might like to consult this coverage checker. Be aware that postcode predictions are only approximate. Whitefriars tenants for example are generally unable to receive any signal other than the six main multiplexes from Sutton Coldfield. That should increase to eight multiplexes after March 7th but nothing is certain. I would also refrain from entering an exact postal address as that could be used for the wrong purposes.

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/coveragechecker/
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Local transmitter changes...

Postby dutchman » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:08 am

I was oblivious till a few days ago that Lark Stoke which nominally serves Stratford-Upon-Avon also reaches much of South and West Coventry:

Where I live I'm able to pick up the main BBC and ITV stations from Lark Stoke but not any of the others. In fact I get stronger reception from Lark Stoke than I do from Allesley Park which is less than three miles away!

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Other TV