Doctor Who series 10 is bringing back the 3-parter

Doctor Who series 10 is bringing back the 3-parter

Postby dutchman » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:04 pm

It's been a while, but Doctor Who is resurrecting the three-parter for Peter Capaldi's final series aboard the TARDIS

New monsters The Monks were previously confirmed to be appearing in several episodes across series 10 – now Digital Spy can confirm that a trio of adventures (episodes 6-8) in the new series are linked.

Toby Whithouse, who's written the concluding chapter, revealed: "Mine is the third part of a three-parter – Steven [Moffat]'s done the first one, Peter Harness did the second and I've done the third.

"It's set modern-day... and I think anything more than that and Steven will come round and kick me in the shin!"

The Doctor, Nardole (Matt Lucas) and new companion Bill will all face the Monks – with Whithouse telling us that actress Pearl Mackie is not just "terrific" but also "very different to previous companions".

"She has very good comic timing," he said. "And there's a lovely chemistry between her and Peter."

The Monks are – it appears – a new threat in a series that features more than a few old threats returning to menace the Doctor.

The Daleks, the Ice Warriors, Missy (Michelle Gomez), and the Cybermen – the original 1960s vintage – will all be back... but will it be one of them that sets off the Doctor's latest regeneration?

Doctor Who returns to BBC One on Saturday, April 15.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Other TV