Peppa Pig pulled from Labour event

Peppa Pig pulled from Labour event

Postby dutchman » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:52 pm

Children's TV character Peppa Pig has withdrawn from attending a Labour party election event.
E1 Entertainment, which licenses the show, said that it did not want its creation to attend the latest Labour manifesto launch because it wants to avoid controversy.

The show, which airs on Five, has been used previously to promote the government's Sure Start scheme.

Peppa was expected to join work and pensions secretary Yvette Cooper and cabinet office minister Tessa Jowell on a visit to a children's centre today. However, Five claimed that it knew nothing about the plans.

"Peppa Pig is a well known fan of Sure Start children's centres but, in the interests of avoiding any controversy or misunderstanding, we have agreed she should not attend," said E1 in a statement.

Business secretary Lord Mandelson blamed Peppa's withdrawal on the BBC. "Although Peppa Pig and her production company were absolutely delighted to come out today, BBC managers got on to Channel Five and started stirring up trouble over it, and tried to put Peppa Pig back in her box," he said.

"It's all very unfortunate. Anyway, I don't know what goes on between the BBC and Channel Five over these matters. It's all far, far too political for me to understand."

Schools secretary Ed Balls added: "Unfortunately Peppa Pig is a global media star, acclaimed around the world, very busy, has many dates in Peppa's diary."

Peppa herself was unavailable for comment! :clown:
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Peppa Pig pulled from Labour event

Postby pollyanna » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:31 am

Don't suppose she had much say in it :D

Not sure about anyone else - but I'm sick to death of this election - best bit so far has been GB's gaffe yesterday when he called that woman a Bigot.
Just proved what he actually thinks of the general public. :clown:
pollyanna

Postby dutchman » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:14 pm

I just noticed that was your 1,000th post Polly, congratulations! :toot: :fireworks:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I think that qualifies you for a telegram from the Queen or something? :lol:

Still a long way to go before you catch up with Rebbonk and yours truly though :lol:
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby pollyanna » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:03 pm

Well thankyou Dutchman :D

Doubt I'll ever catch yourself and Rebbonk up 8-)
pollyanna

Return to Other TV