Claudia Winkleman to host 'Film 2010'

Claudia Winkleman to host 'Film 2010'

Postby dutchman » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:58 pm

Claudia Winkleman has been confirmed as the new host of Film 2010.
The long-running movie programme will also have a new format, which will involve a range of cinema and industry experts and a variety of studio guests.

"Everyone has an opinion on film and I'm looking forward to debating the biggest news and releases with a whole variety of guests each week," said Winkleman.

"I am completely over the moon about being given this enormous honour and am incredibly proud to be to be presenting the new look Film 2010. It's an honour to follow on from the brilliant Jonathan Ross.

"I have been lucky enough to cover the BAFTAs and present the UK broadcasts of the Oscars and the Golden Globes for years and now to be able to work with the producers on Film 2010 is just amazing."

Winkleman, who currently hosts her own Arts Show on Radio 2, is most famous for her presenting role on Strictly Come Dancing spinoff series It Takes Two.

Orginally hosted by film critic Barry Norman, the BBC One show has been running since 1972. Ross replaced Norman as the host in 1999. Winkleman's Film 2010 will start in September.

Claudia's half-sister Sophie is a movie actress in her own right. She played the grown-up version of Susan in the movie version of The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005).
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Claudia Winkleman to host 'Film 2010'

Postby RandomHero » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:25 pm

aww no ! thats another good show runined :thumbsdown: bring woss back !
RandomHero

Return to Other TV