Cameron to appear on 'Alan Titchmarsh'

Cameron to appear on 'Alan Titchmarsh'

Postby dutchman » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:30 am

David Cameron will appear on an upcoming edition of The Alan Titchmarsh Show.
The news comes a week after Piers Morgan interviewed Prime Minister Gordon Brown on his Life Stories programme.

However, Cameron turned down the opportunity to appear on Morgan's show, telling Radio 4's Woman's Hour: "I am just not a great fan of the Piers Morgan format. I would rather do something a bit more substantial."

The Conservative leader has now agreed to appear on Titchmarsh's programme on March 10 and is also thought to be in talks for a slot on The One Show, the Daily Mail reports.

A spokesperson for the Conservative party defended Cameron's decision to appear on The Alan Titchmarsh Show and added: "This is part of a strategy to reach out to non-Tories. We want to do all kinds of media."
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Cameron to appear on 'Alan Titchmarsh'

Postby rebbonk » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:54 am

Could it possibly be worse than Brown with Piers Morgan?
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby pollyanna » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:28 am

I never watched GB on Piers Morgan - I can never understand what he says!!!! If ever he's on tv I normally turn him off asap.

I don't understand why they have to appear on these 'chat shows' :|
pollyanna

Postby dutchman » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:38 pm

I used to change channels as soon as Tony Blair came on as well. That was before he even became Labour leader. The modern breed of politician has learned the trick of speaking for a very long time without actually revealing anything.

It's worse with Tories because Tory central office no longer briefs its spokesmen on major issues so they are unable to answer the most basic of journalists' questions.

On a side note I used to own a VHS tape of a kind I would never want my housekeeper to see so I labelled it as "John Major speeches and budget predictions" and left it in plain sight. She never once queried what was on the tape!
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Other TV