Man proposes on 'Deal Or No Deal'

Man proposes on 'Deal Or No Deal'

Postby dutchman » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:27 am

A man has proposed to his girlfriend while taking part in Deal Or No Deal.

During his time on the programme, 23-year-old Eddie Moores told host Noel Edmonds that he would like to get married to his partner if he won the top prize of £250,000.

The Sun reports that the banker then said he would increase his offer if Moores popped the question.

Edmonds led the contestant and his girlfriend Sarah Mills to the middle of the floor, where Moores got down on one knee and said: "Sarah Mills, you are my soulmate, the love of my life, my best friend and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me, princess?"

Mills then burst into tears and replied: "Of course I will!" before kissing her new fiancé as the audience cheered and clapped.

A source said: "Everyone was on tenterhooks when the banker upped his offer. But no-one thought Eddie would actually pop the question. It was edge of your seat stuff. Noel is soppy at heart. After it happened he congratulated them and looked absolutely chuffed."

The episode will be broadcast on Monday.
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Man proposes on 'Deal Or No Deal'

Postby rebbonk » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:52 am

There were a lot of men proposing on Valentines day. I saw a lot of footage of them being turned down by rather distressed women.

Personally, I have never had this urge to do such a thing in public. I'm not sure that it's romantic.

Anyone else got any views?
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby rebbonk » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:12 am

Here's one such example

Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby pollyanna » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:21 am

rebbonk wrote:There were a lot of men proposing on Valentines day. I saw a lot of footage of them being turned down by rather distressed women.

Personally, I have never had this urge to do such a thing in public. I'm not sure that it's romantic.

Anyone else got any views?

I guess if a man proposes in such a way they think the girl won't turn them down - maybe they lack confidence?????
People are much more outgoing now with regards to their feelings - but it's not always a good thing.
I'd hate it if anyone proposed to me in public :begging:
pollyanna

Postby StevieG » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:44 am

Marriage proposals are a private thing and not to be used as a TV gimmick which appears to be the norm these days.
StevieG

Postby dutchman » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:17 pm

pollyanna wrote:I'd hate it if anyone proposed to me in public :begging:
I will let Brad Pitt know that so as to save you any embarassment Polly :D
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Other TV