Chris Barrie hints at full 'Red Dwarf' return

Chris Barrie hints at full 'Red Dwarf' return

Postby dutchman » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:13 pm

Chris Barrie has hinted that sci-fi sitcom Red Dwarf may return for a full series.

The comedian, who played Arnold Rimmer in the BBC comedy, claimed that he is keen for the show to continue, admitting that he loved working on three part mini-series Back To Earth last year.

"There is talk of more Red Dwarf this year and while Back To Earth was a good one-off, from the rumours I hear, we may be doing a more standard sort of series," he told the Daily Record.

"But any new Red Dwarf is fine by me. I was surprised at just how quickly I slipped back into it. It took a couple of scenes to loosen up a bit but once you get the outfit on, you're there."

He added: "I don't know what made the series work so well, I think the answer must be Doug Naylor. He's a genius. He is well-versed in the sci-fi world and he and Rob Grant were great comedy writers, so I think Red Dwarf is the dream marriage of those two things."

Red Dwarf ran for eight series between 1988 and 1999 on BBC Two. Back To Earth aired on Dave last April.

If it is going to return they are going to need a much better script than the one they used for "Back to Earth".
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Other TV