Denise Welch: 'Men love Loose Women'

Denise Welch: 'Men love Loose Women'

Postby dutchman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:28 pm

The Loose Women presenters have claimed that they get lots of positive emails from male viewers.

Denise Welch, Zoe Tyler, Jane McDonald and Carol McGiffin revealed that a surprising number of fans of the daytime talkshow are men.

"I get a lot of emails from men and always they say, 'I was off sick and just happened to be watching' or 'I happened to be working at home and caught the show'," Tyler told The Mirror. "They always have to justify it."

Welch commented: "I know a lot of men who regularly watch and find it amazing. Or they think they'll learn something about women."

McDonald added: "I think Loose Women is their guilty pleasure."

The presenters also revealed that they will be partying at tonight's National Television Awards even if they do not win the 'Best Factual Programme' gong.

"If we don't make it we'll be graceful in defeat - 'til we get to the after-show party," joked Welch.
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Denise Welch: 'Men love Loose Women'

Postby rebbonk » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:35 pm

Sorry, I don't watch it.

I rarely watch daytime TV: as someone once explained, "It's like removing your brain and going onto auto-pilot"

But...

To each his (or her) own
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Re: Denise Welch: 'Men love Loose Women'

Postby pollyanna » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:45 pm

I've only briefly seen this programme - and I can only describe it as utter tripe :shock:

The programme actually won an award this week

Most Popular Factual Programme - Loose Women

Daytime tv is an insult to the average persons intelligence - but as rebbonk says - each to their own :(
pollyanna

Return to Other TV