Steven Moffat 'unsure of Doctor Who air date'

Steven Moffat 'unsure of Doctor Who air date'

Postby dutchman » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:17 pm

Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat has admitted that he is unsure when the show's seventh series will air.

The BBC recently confirmed that 14 more episodes of the sci-fi drama have been commissioned.

A piece in satirical magazine Private Eye suggested that the new episodes could be delayed until 2013, but a BBC spokesman later told The Guardian that "a good chunk" of the new episodes will be broadcast next year.

Moffat joked to SFX about the scheduling confusion: "I don't know [when new episodes will air]. If I did know, I wouldn't tell you. When I do know, what I know will change, so I won't really know then either."

He continued: "Then it will change again, so I still won't really know. And if, secretly, I'd really known all along, I'd still be telling you I don't know, because everything I said I knew, could be wrong, so I'd never really have known in the first place."

Moffat quipped that the show's future schedule is protected by "quantum security".

"I don't know and it's [also] a secret," he said. "I'm glad I've been able to clarify this for you."

Doctor Who's current sixth series will continue with six new episodes later in 2011.

Watch a teaser trailer for the late 2011 return of Doctor Who below:

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Other TV