'Deal Or No Deal' crowns third quarter-millionaire

'Deal Or No Deal' crowns third quarter-millionaire

Postby dutchman » Sat May 14, 2011 1:06 pm

Channel 4 gameshow Deal or no Deal crowned its third quarter-millionaire on yesterday's show.

Suzanne Mulholland, originally from Ireland, took home the show's top prize of £250,000.

It had been more than two years since Alice Mundy took home the same amount in March 2009.

Towards the end of her game, Mulholland was left with the two highest boxes on the board - £100,000 and £250,000. She turned down the banker's highest-ever offer of £165,000 and even swapped her box before successfully securing the £250,000.

Earlier in the show, her fiancé Simon was given the chance to get involved in her game. He won Mulholland a holiday, prevented the banker from looking inside her box and gained her the chance to play her remaining five boxes one at a time.

The winner told Channel 4: "It was so surreal, I was dressed like a cowboy, Simon was a clown and Noel [Edmonds, host] was an Indian Chief! The only way I can describe how I felt after I won was that it was like being in a washing machine on a 1600 spin.

"I just can't describe all the feelings and emotions I was going through! I had an unbelievable time, and since being on the show I have bought a house and moved back to Ireland with Simon and am in the process of starting up a salon."

Deal Or No Deal airs weekdays on Channel 4 at 4pm and various times on Sundays.
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Other TV