Anne Robinson to quit 'Weakest Link'

Anne Robinson to quit 'Weakest Link'

Postby dutchman » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:21 am

The Weakest Link will finish in spring 2012 when host Anne Robinson's contract comes to an end, according to The Guardian.

The long-running BBC quiz show, in which Robinson honed her famed 'Queen of Mean' style, will end after 11 years on the air.

Robinson told the publication that the decision to leave was her own and that she is looking forward to other projects, including her second book, based on her own diaries.

She explained: "I'll miss it. It's been superb. So it is a hard decision. If there's anything about longevity in television, it's about knowing what to take and what to turn down, and what to stop. It's often about what not to do anymore. And I just simply haven't got time to do the book."

The presenter denied reports that she was displeased with cuts to her wages, saying: "My fee wasn't cut. I originally said I would do [the programme for] 10 years. I did a year more than I intended to. I think 11 years is more than enough."

When the series ends next year, it will have aired 1,693 episodes, with more than 15,000 contestants. The show began in 2000 and enjoyed a brief run as an American version on NBC.

Amanda Holden had recently cited Anne Robinson as an ideal replacement for Piers Morgan on Britain's Got Talent.
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Other TV