I failed the IQ test!

Anything that doesn't fit comfortably in the other sections

Re: I failed the IQ test!

Postby dutchman » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:21 pm

Jock Strapp wrote:The original question. First and last letters are the vowles AEIOU so the last name is Nunu.

I thought that too, read the question again:

Spoiler:
It has to be "Mary"
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: I failed the IQ test!

Postby Melisandre » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:47 am

rebbonk wrote:Another absolutely true story Melisandre...

When I was an apprentice (a terribly snobby aircraft company with 4 canteens: Executive, monthly staff, weekly staff and works) I became very friendly with our labourer. I was taken to one side by the Superintendent no less, and advised that I shouldn't have anything to do with this man as he was far below what was going to be my station in life. I was truly shocked. The superintendent was even more shocked though, when I told him that I'd learned so much from the labourer. The chap had walked me round the airfield and shown me so much about nature that as a "townie" I had no idea about.

As you say, don't judge a book by its cover!

Brilliant Rebbonk yes they don't seem to realise others are inteigent just because they are working in a job they class beneath them one day it may be some one like the labourer that could save their life as they are ignorant to some thing the Labour would know.

Reminds me a bit like my reply to a parent who was bragging about what holiday she was taking her child to in front of young children that has never had a holiday then went on to brag about her daughter is so inteligent and she will be sending her to university and will earn good money this was out side school gates.

So I asked her along with her friends that were there what do they class as intelligent with strange looks from them I said now is it the child who goes to university or the street wise kid who one day could knock at the University kids door when an adult and get her details or to sign some thing conning her and ruin her taking every thing she has. Shorty after I had to move my daughter out the school. :yellow_grin:
Melisandre

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous