Linda Hamilton: 'Cameron left me for Titanic'

Linda Hamilton: 'Cameron left me for Titanic'

Postby dutchman » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:30 pm

Linda Hamilton has claimed that her ex-husband James Cameron left her for Titanic.
Hamilton, who was married to the director for two years until 1999, explained that his affair with Titanic actress Suzy Amis was not the sole reason for the end of their marriage.

"Titanic was the mistress he left me for," she told The Sun. "He was the kind of man who really would rather be at work with the mistress than at home with the wife. That was hard to come to terms with."

Hamilton added that Cameron's obsession with the 1997 film had put a strain on their family.

"The success of that film was so huge but he couldn't stop talking about how successful it was," she said. "Christmas dinner with the Cameron family would involve everyone talking about their 'experience' of Titanic, instead of just getting together and being a family."

However, Hamilton, who suggested that Cameron has "changed a lot" since then, also maintained that she has a good relationship with the director now and praised his dedication to his new film Avatar.

"I worried for him a little bit," she revealed. "I know for four years the man was doing nothing but Avatar. He was up against huge deadlines that couldn't be met - but he met them. The amount of money and the amount of work he put in... it's so wonderful it paid off for him. I think the man is an extraordinary director. He is a complete genius."

Hamilton recently admitted that she wants Kathryn Bigelow, another of Cameron's ex-wives, to win the 'Best Director' Oscar.
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Films & Video