Coronation Street star Lisa George set to leave show

Coronation Street star Lisa George set to leave show

Postby dutchman » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:41 am

She has played Beth Tinker since 2011

Coronation Street mainstay Lisa George is set to leave the ITV soap.

The actress, who has played Beth Tinker since 2011, will be filming her final scenes in the New Year and they will air next summer, according to The Sun.

News of her exit from the cobbles comes only two months after she told The Mirror that she'd actually agreed to a new contract with the soap.

"It's really weird, everyone was saying, 'You're leaving, you're leaving'," she said in October. "I was asked about my contract and I said I was waiting, and so they asked what I'd like to do if I didn't get one and I said Call The Midwife."

It has been an eventful year for her character Beth, as she nearly cheated on her husband Kirk Sutherland with old flame Marco.

Beth was also involved in tense scenes where she slapped Hope Stape in a feud over her dog. She lied to cover her tracks but was eventually caught out.

The ITV1 soap recently lost long-time cast member Chris Gascoyne as Peter Barlow on Christmas Day, and will soon see his on-screen son Alex Bain quitting the cobbles as Simon Barlow as well.

There is some good news though, as the sole original Coronation Street cast member William Roache has signed a new contract to continue playing Ken Barlow — popular star Lucy Fallon will be back over New Year's weekend as Bethany Platt.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Soaps