Call the Midwife star Helen George teases Trixie's "lovely" Christmas special

Call the Midwife star Helen George teases Trixie's "lovely" Christmas special

Postby dutchman » Tue May 31, 2022 10:54 pm

BBC viewers are in for a heart-warming festive season

Call the Midwife star Helen George has teased a heart-warming storyline for her character during the show's 2022 Christmas Special.

Plot details for the next festive episode of the BBC series are being kept under wraps at the moment, but the cast has been busy filming both series 12 and the special in recent weeks and George has shared what fans can expect when her character Trixie returns to Nonnatus House.

"We get the scripts a couple of weeks before we film them, so honestly I don't really know," George told RadioTimes.com

"Christmas is lovely for Trixie, there's some lovely stuff going on. Heidi [Thomas, series creator] just writes so well for the character.

"And there's always a surprise – every series I go, 'Oh my God, you're kidding me, that's going to happen to Trixie?' So I think that's what keeps the character kind of stretched."

George went on to suggest that people tend to "underestimate Trixie", and added that "it's lovely being able to sort of push her to extremities all the time".

Trixie Franklin left halfway through series 11 due to actress Helen George's real-life pregnancy, with the character travelling to Italy to look after her dying godmother.

However, creator Heidi Thomas recently teased that George will be returning for some big storylines in series 12.

Speaking to Radio Times recently, Heidi Thomas teased that "something interesting and rather wonderful will happen for Trixie" in the new season.

"She has big news coming up – which we probably won't unveil just yet," Thomas added.

However, one storyline that's likely to be ruled out is Trixie herself falling pregnant as George previously confessed that bosses wanted to keep her pregnancy out of the show as they didn't feel like it was a good fit for her character.

"It wasn't a correct storyline to choose for the character, as well. It wasn't right for Trixie to be pregnant," she added.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Soaps