Coronation Street star Sally Dynevor is "still in shock" over MBE

Coronation Street star Sally Dynevor is "still in shock" over MBE

Postby dutchman » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:14 pm

"I didn't believe it was real when I first found out"

Coronation Street veteran Sally Dynevor has reacted to her MBE in the Queen's New Years' Honours list for 2021.

Celebrated for her services to drama, the Sally Metcalfe actress has walked the Weatherfield cobbles for almost 35 years, but admitted she's "still in shock" over this mind-blowing achievement.

"I am humbled, grateful and very proud to have received this honour," the 57-year-old said.

"I didn't believe it was real when I first found out earlier this month that I was to be given an MBE. Keeping it a secret has been so difficult."

Referencing the soap's recent 60th anniversary, Sally went on: "I was reminded daily of my time on the show – the young girl in those scenes 35 years ago could only have dreamed of the incredible things that were going to happen in the coming years.

"I am so blessed to have met and worked with some wonderful people, not only on Coronation Street but also through the incredible charity Prevent Breast Cancer, their founder, Lester Barr, and their amazing fundraising team. This honour is as much for them as it is for me.

"I also want to thank my beautiful family, Tim, Phoebe, Sam and Hattie, for their constant love and support," she concluded.

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Coronation Street star Sally Dynevor is "still in shock" over MBE

Postby dutchman » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:15 pm

"Celebrated for her services to drama"

:rolling:
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Coronation Street star Sally Dynevor is "still in shock" over MBE

Postby rebbonk » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:49 pm

The awards have consistently been devalued for years. With this year's efforts, I think it's time they were finally scrapped.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Return to Soaps