Casualty star swaps acting to become a real-life A&E nurse

Casualty star swaps acting to become a real-life A&E nurse

Postby dutchman » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:12 am

Vicky Hall played nurses in multiple shows

Over the years, we imagine that shows such as Casualty, Holby City and the like have probably inspired a fair few people to take up medical professions.

But now we've learned that someone who has been on these shows has decided to become a real-life nurse themselves.

Vicky Hall, who played Hazel Leyton (Dylan Keogh's step-mum) in Casualty in 2015 and 2016, has been speaking to The Mirror about her career change.

"I frequently played nurses, perhaps the universe was trying to tell me something," she said.

"After my children were born I thought about what I would do next. I decided it had to have all the excitement of acting, the need to really use my brain, and that I would be in demand.

"Emergency nursing just fit the bill. So I went back to school and did my GCSE science again, and when my children started school I started my degree. I would recommend working in an emergency department to anyone. You gain so much knowledge and confidence if you take the plunge and throw yourself in the deep end."

The actress has also appeared in Doctors, Bodies, Tracy Beaker Returns, Derek, Byker Grove, So Awkward and Teachers.

Hall still dips her toe into acting from time to time, and played an A&E nurse again in the Ken Loach film Sorry We Missed You.

"[It] was my proudest role yet," she added. "I was also hired to design their A&E set and to dress all of the extras as A&E patients, giving them all a wound or a reason for their visit."

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Soaps