Leslie Grantham (Dirty Den) dies at 71

Leslie Grantham (Dirty Den) dies at 71

Postby rebbonk » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:02 pm

Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Re: Leslie Grantham (Dirty Den) dies at 71

Postby dutchman » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:41 pm

EastEnders legend Anita Dobson pays tribute to her "magical" partnership with co-star Leslie Grantham

EastEnders legend Anita Dobson has paid tribute to her former on-screen husband Leslie Grantham.

The actress, who played Angie Watts in BBC One soap from 1985 to 1988, told ITV News about the bond that she had with Grantham, who starred as Dirty Den and passed away yesterday (June 15) at the age of 71.

"The time we had together was amazing," she said. "The chemistry was just extraordinary and a very memorable time and I won't forget him."

She continued: "It was a magical time because I don't think either of us expected the chemistry to be so potent.

"But, the first time we rehearsed together, I remember after we'd done a little scene Leslie walked away and went 'Yes, brilliant!' and I knew exactly what he meant. It just worked."

Grantham died just days after it was reported that the star was "fighting for his life", when it was stated he was in "critical condition".

EastEnders aired an on-screen tribute to Grantham last night, while the soap's executive consultant John Yorke released a statement on the show's behalf.

"Everyone at EastEnders is deeply saddened to hear that Leslie has passed away," he said. "We extend our deepest sympathies and condolences to his family and friends at this extremely difficult time."

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Soaps