EastEnders casts S Club 7's Hannah Spearritt as the newest member of the Taylor family

EastEnders casts S Club 7's Hannah Spearritt as the newest member of the Taylor family

Postby dutchman » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:56 pm

EastEnders is throwing itself an S Club party because its newest cast member is none other than Hannah Spearritt

The former S Club 7 star will have a short stint in Albert Square later this year as the newest member of Karen Taylor's (Lorraine Stanley) dysfunctional family.

Specifically, Hannah will be playing Karen's younger sister Kandice — and all signs point to her being as rowdy as every other member of Walford's newest family.

"I'm over the moon to be joining the show, it's such a huge part of British telly," the singer said. "I'm really looking forward to getting started and I can't wait to see the Square in the flesh. Walford here I come!"

This won't be the first major acting role for Hannah. Previously, she's had a starring role as the time-travelling zookeeper Abby Maitland in Primeval and more recently as Mercedes Christie in Casualty.

Of course, it's not unusual for EastEnders to cast popstars either. Lee Ryan is currently playing the Vic's barman Woody Woodward, for example.

Spearritt is the latest in a string of blockbuster castings for EastEnders. The BBC One soap recently caused a stir by bringing back William Boyde as classic villain James Willmott-Brown for the first time since 1992.

Then on Tuesday, EastEnders announced that Tamzin Outhwaite will return as Ian Beale's old flame (and Phil Mitchell's enemy) Mel Owen in the New Year as well.

EastEnders returns on Thursday (October 26) at 7.30pm on BBC One.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Soaps