Corrie star 'doesn't like' going topless

Corrie star 'doesn't like' going topless

Postby dutchman » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:49 pm

Jack P. Shepherd has admitted that he feels uncomfortable when he is required to appear shirtless on Coronation Street.
In an interview with The Mirror, the 22-year-old confirmed that he is always keen to stay fully clothed when he films his scenes as troubled David Platt.

Shepherd explained: "I don't particularly like doing topless scenes. I'd rather not do stuff like that - I'm not interested in getting a six-pack or being nominated for 'Sexiest Male'.

"I have joined a gym recently, but that's to put on weight because I'm so skinny. I eat, but I've got a rapid metabolism and I've got the body of a 14-year-old."

Meanwhile, the actor also revealed how he creates David's evil glare for scenes which see the twisted character up to no good.

He said: "If he needs to look menacing I stay up really late the night before, so I have dark rings under my eyes. Then I put my head down and look up. I've scared a few little kids in shops with it.

"Mums come up and say, 'Can I have a photo of you with my daughter?'. So I bend down and the kid runs off or bursts into tears."
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Soaps