Atkins extends 'Emmerdale' contract

Atkins extends 'Emmerdale' contract

Postby dutchman » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:42 am

Emmerdale actress Emma Atkins has extended her stay by a further six months, Digital Spy has exclusively confirmed.

The 34-year-old, who plays village vixen Charity Tate, returned to the serial in October after producer Gavin Blyth lured her back with the promise of big storylines.

In September, Atkins confirmed her initial six-month stint and at the same time hinted that she and show bosses were keen for her to sign for a longer period.

She recently inked a new deal with the programme, keeping her with the show until well into 2010.

Speaking exclusively to DS, Atkins said: "They [initially] offered me another six months. [At first] they said a year and I was a bit scared because I'd had five years off and didn't know what I wanted to do, so six months worked both in their favour and mine - and then they extended. I felt very flattered and thought, 'Why not?'"

She added: "Initially, I thought, 'What if I come back and ruin everything that was Charity, and I ruin the initial creation or forget how to even play her?' In hindsight, that seems a bit silly now because it came very naturally again!"

Producer Gavin Blyth teased: "Emma's staying with us as she's extended her contract, so Charity and Cain's journey in 2010 - together and separately - will be very different from this year and it'll ring the changes."

Charity reappeared in the Dales in October following the shock revelation that her husband-to-be was having an affair with her daughter Debbie (Charley Webb).
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Soaps