Call the Midwife's Helen George confirms her future on show

Call the Midwife's Helen George confirms her future on show

Postby dutchman » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:08 pm

Series 14 awaits...

Call the Midwife’s Helen George has addressed her future on the show, ahead of series 14.

At the end of the last series, George’s character Trixie decided to join her husband Matthew in New York, after he wanted to move for brighter business prospects.

Her decision to say goodbye to Poplar left viewers wondering whether they’d seen the last of Trixie on the BBC period drama.

In the finale, however, Matthew confirmed that the move wouldn’t be permanent, and Digital Spy understood that Trixie had, in fact, not left Call the Midwife.

This has now been confirmed, as George reshared an Instagram post by show make-up supervisor Mariella Spoto, with the caption: "Series 14 awaits... @callthemidwife.official."

Spoto posted a short clip of George during filming for a past series of the hit show, and in the caption wrote: “Currently a busy bee in prep for the next series of Call the Midwife – Series 14.

"It always makes me smile when people tell me how much they love the series. And when they find out I’ve been Trixie’s hair and make-up artist they always ask me what Trixie is like in real life and is she as beautiful… and I can confirm @helengeorge is an absolute dream and beauty who makes my job very easy."

She continued: "Let the next 8 months commence!! (This clip is from a series that’s already aired!! So no spoilers here.)"

Last month, Georgie Glen, who plays Miss Higgins on the show, revealed that production on series 14 will begin "at the end of April", so it hopefully won’t be long before we get more exciting filming updates.

She said: "So looking forward to going back, not least because it’s an actor with a job on the horizon, but also because it’s such wonderful company.

"To know we’re all going to reunite again, it’s lovely. And there were a few cliffhangers at the end of the episode, various other storylines, and who knows where they’re going to go."

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Soaps