Ralf Little announces Death in Paradise departure

Ralf Little announces Death in Paradise departure

Postby dutchman » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:39 pm

He sent a video message to fans

After four years in paradise, we say goodbye to DI Neville Parker as Ralf Little exits the show.

Tonight's (March 24) Death in Paradise series finale saw Neville sail off into the sunset with DS Florence Cassell, (Josephine Jobert), finally concluding their tumultuous 'will they, won't they' storyline.

Little played the longest-serving Detective Inspector the series has seen to date. In a statement he said: "My time on Saint Marie has come to an end – what an end! New adventures await Neville, and he got to sail away into the sunset with his best friend. Who knows what happens for them next!"

After taking over from DI Jack Mooney (Ardal O’Hanlon) in 2020, Neville faced many ups and downs, including overcoming allergies, aversions to the sun, and even an attempt to frame him for murder.

"I want to say an enormous thank you to everyone who watched and supported the show when I arrived four and a half years ago. Coming into a series beloved by millions was a huge responsibility and I had no idea whether viewers would take to my interpretation of Neville's character, and indeed to me," said Little.

"It was quite a relief that the response has been overwhelming, and it's been an absolute privilege and a pleasure to bring Neville Parker to all of you and to share his quite profound journey with you. I can't thank you all enough for the support over the last four and a half years.

"It's been one of the most magical and profound experiences of my entire life. The team that makes Death in Paradise – the producers, writers, directors, crew, guest cast, and my magnificent co-stars – they know what they're doing, and the future is in good hands. I can't wait to see what happens next. It's been the ride of a lifetime," he concluded.

New lead casting for Death in Paradise will be announced in due course. The show will return to our screens later this year for a fourth feature-length Christmas special, followed by a new series in 2025.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Soaps