John Barrowman wins Christmas Strictly Come Dancing

John Barrowman wins Christmas Strictly Come Dancing

Postby dutchman » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:39 pm

Doctor Who and Torchwood star John Barrowman has won this year's Christmas Strictly Come Dancing special.

The actor and singer was voted king of the ballroom for his quickstep with dance partner Kristina Rihanoff.

Barrowman said it felt "absolutely wonderful" to win, describing it as "a dream come true".

EastEnders star June Brown, presenter Fern Britton, Business Secretary Vince Cable and comedian Ronni Ancona also took part in the one-off show.

"It's about time that she won," Barrowman said of Rihanoff as they were named the victors.

"If I had time I'd love to do the entire series - that would be brilliant. I absolutely had a ball."

The judges praised the pair's quickstep, with Bruno Tonioli calling it "a real cracker with a huge, huge bang".

Head judge Len Goodman added: "You jingled my bells out there. You were cooking on gas.

"You were bubbling up like the brussels sprouts at Christmas lunchtime - a fabulous dance."

The Christmas special saw Britton dance the jive with partner Matthew Cutler and Cable attempt the foxtrot with Erin Boag.

Ancona and Anton du Beke tackled the Viennese waltz, while Brown danced the tango with Vincent Simone.

The pre-recorded show also featured a group dance by the five semi-finalists from the recently ended last series.

Rugby player Gavin Henson, EastEnders actor Scott Maslen, comedian turned psychologist Pamela Stephenson and TV presenter Matt Baker took to the stage alongside series winner Kara Tointon.

:bbc_news:
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)