Jenny Eclair comes third in 'I'm A Celeb'

Jenny Eclair comes third in 'I'm A Celeb'

Postby dutchman » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:35 pm

Jenny Eclair has finished in third place in this year's I'm A Celebrity.

The comedienne waited with remaining contestants Shaun Ryder and Stacey Solomon for Ant & Dec to reveal the results, before cheerfully jumping up and down on learning that she would be leaving the jungle this evening.

"Thank you, thank you!" she exclaimed as she hugged Ryder and Solomon. "I'm so happy with that."

Joining Ant & Dec for her interview, Eclair appeared quite bewildered as she was told that she had lasted 16 days in the jungle.

"Have I?" she asked. "I've lost count - I've gone feral, I really have!"

When asked how she felt to be leaving, she said: "I'm hugely relieved. I couldn't have done another day. There's only so many days that a woman can wear a pair of pants."

On coming third, she added: "I'm so pleased, I'm absolutely delighted. I put money on me coming tenth."

After watching clips of her level-headed approach to the trials, Eclair said: "In your head you go to places that are much darker and worse than you two boys could even dream of! So compared to not having a pension, living in a skip and eating cat food, most of what you threw at me was alright."

Speaking of her snappy streak, she said: "I was just vile. The whole claustrophobia of it. I did bite my lip, I can get very ugly indeed."

However, the 50-year-old added: "The young people were incredible, rather annoyingly incredible. I got quite fed up with how amazing they were."

Finally, Eclair said that she was pleased to have taken part in the experience, before backing Solomon to win.

"I've got to go for the girl," she said. "Because girls rule."
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)