Joly, Collins voted off 'I'm A Celeb'

Joly, Collins voted off 'I'm A Celeb'

Postby dutchman » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:48 am

Dom Joly and Kayla Collins have been voted out of the I'm A Celebrity jungle.

Collins was eliminated first, before Ant & Dec returned to give Joly the news of his exit.

On being informed that she was to be the first to leave the camp, the Playboy model screamed and jumped in the air.

Collins told Ant & Dec that she was excited to be heading back to her "big giant comfy bed", which she had missed during her jungle experience.

The 23-year-old admitted that she had found the past week increasingly difficult, especially after having to miss out on a message from home, during what she described as "terrible days".

Insisting that she and Joly "were fine" in camp despite their frequent bickering, Collins then backed Stacey Solomon to take the title.

Returning to the celebrities to reveal the next eliminee, Ant & Dec told a smiling Jenny Eclair and Joly that they were in the bottom two.

On hearing the result, Joly declared: "I'm genuinely happy with that," while Eclair replied: "I'm genuinely upset."

After enthusiastically taking his champagne, Joly said: "I knew I wasn't going to win, because Stacey's going to win, so it took the competitive edge off. I'd love to win, but my best thing was top five."

He added: "I so nearly walked so many times. It was tougher than I expected, way tougher. I've watched this show so many times and you see people whining, and you think, 'Come on, get over it', but it is really hard."

Reliving the biggest challenge he had faced, Joly said: "I weirdly thought I'd be able to hide my spider phobia! I just freak out. [But] I was quite pleased [with myself]."

Finally, when asked who he wanted to win, Joly answered: "It's Stacey. She's an extraordinary individual."
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)