Linford Christie voted off 'I'm A Celeb'

Linford Christie voted off 'I'm A Celeb'

Postby dutchman » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:47 am

Linford Christie has become the sixth person to be voted out of the I'm A Celebrity jungle.

The former Olympic athlete found himself in the bottom two along with comedian Dom Joly, and was named as the next celebrity to leave after receiving the fewest number of public votes.

Christie had an emotional interview with Ant & Dec, admitting that he had at times found the experience mentally draining.

The sprinter said that his last night had been his most uncomfortable in the jungle camp, after an enormous rainstorm soaked their beds.

Talking about his composed efforts in the trials, including the live trial in which former contestant Gillian McKeith was unable to take part, Christie said: "It was for the team. When you're doing it for the team, you've got to get on with it and all my athletic training came in."

However, he admitted: "There were things that scared me, of course, but the problem is you can't let on. They saw me as the leader, the motivator and the big, strong guy, so you've got to try and hide it."

Christie's composure crumbled when he was shown footage of him receiving a gift from his daughter. He said: "Physically I can deal with it, but emotionally it's..." before breaking down momentarily.

After taking a moment to gather himself, Christie joked about his more controversial views and discussions around the campfire. "I'm a pretty opinionated person," he said, before laughing: "I'm a s**t-stirrer."

The 40-year-old then backed Stacey Solomon to be crowned Queen of the Jungle, saying: "Stacey is the loveliest person.

"When I was down, I could always go to Stacey and she would cheer me up. She sees the world through rose-coloured glasses."
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)