Waissel, Wagner eliminated from 'X Factor'

Waissel, Wagner eliminated from 'X Factor'

Postby dutchman » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:23 pm

Katie Waissel and Wagner Carrilho have become the next acts to be voted off The X Factor.

Image Image

The 24-year-old was eliminated from the talent competition after receiving the least votes from the public, while the Brazilian was voted off the show after competing in a sing-off with Mary Byrne.

Upon hearing that she was heading home, Waissel nodded solemnly, while host Dermot O'Leary said: "This girl has been through hell. Give it up for her!"

Waissel thanked the judges and added: "I just feel so grateful to have got this far and I hope I’ve inspired people that no matter how many knocks you get, you put your head up and smile."

She also told O'Leary that she was going to "miss everybody" involved in the singing competition.

After some confusion on mentor Louis Walsh's part as to who was singing first in the sing-off, O'Leary made it clear that Carrilho would be performing first.

The Brazilian sang 'Unforgettable', made famous by Nat King Cole, while another of Walsh's acts Mary Byrne belted out 'This Is My Life' by Shirley Bassey.

When it came time for the judges to vote, O'Leary called on Walsh first, who chose eliminate Carrilho.

Dannii Minogue quite easily chose to save Byrne, saying: "I have to save the person with heart, so I have to send home Wagner."

Cheryl Cole also decided to vote against the Brazilian crooner, telling him: "I know we have had our differences in the past, but you are truly an unforgettable contestant and I wish you the best."

Even though Simon Cowell's vote became irrelevant, he addressed the controversy that surrounded Carrilho in the press, telling the singer: "You’ve been a great sport. But why I’m happy with the result is because there are people out there trying to derail this show and now the control is back in the public’s hands. No offense to you Wagner."

Carrilho smiled and nodded at the judges' comments, and when asked how he felt by O'Leary, he said: "Like a bat out of hell, I’ll be gone gone gone. I loved every moment that I spent here and I think I have achieved so much and I am so pleased that, you know.

"I am very happy, and I miss my cat very much."
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)