Felicity Kendal voted out of 'Strictly'

Felicity Kendal voted out of 'Strictly'

Postby dutchman » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:24 pm

Felicity Kendal has become the seventh celebrity to be voted out of this year's Strictly Come Dancing.

The Good Life actress and professional partner Vincent Simone landed at the bottom of the public vote alongside Patsy Kensit and Robin Windsor, despite having secured her highest score yet for their American smooth in last night's Blackpool Tower Ballroom special.

Upon hearing that she had finished in the bottom two for the third time, Kendal rested her head against Simone's shoulder, as he called out in protest.

When asked to comment on the result, the 64-year-old stated: "It's been such an amazing thing. I'm here because of [Vincent], he's just phenomenal, he's just a genius."

She then looked around at the historic ballroom and added: "What a way to go, It's fantastic. This is the place to go home from."

Host Tess Daly then confirmed that Kendal had received the fewest amount of viewer votes, prompting a standing ovation from the entire venue and a tearful, consolatory embrace from Kensit.

"It's [been] the luckiest time of my life," she declared. "This has been the most extraordinary journey, I wouldn't have missed a second of it."

Asked to weigh in on the public's decision, judge Alesha Dixon stated: "I actually think Felicity had one of her better nights, but unfortunately it's the nature of the beast and it's the way the cookie crumbles."

Strictly Come Dancing continues next Saturday at 6.30pm on BBC One.
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)