Nicky Slater axed from Dancing On Ice panel

Nicky Slater axed from Dancing On Ice panel

Postby dutchman » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:14 pm

Ice dancer Nicky Slater has been axed from the judging panel on ITV1 programme Dancing On Ice.

Slater, who has been on the show since the first series in 2006, revealed the news on his official website, posting a message to his fans.

Writing in a post titled 'I Will Not Be Judging Dancing On Ice Series 6', he said: "ITV have told me that they are refreshing the judging panel for the 2011 season of Dancing On Ice and that I will not be on the panel.

"I have been a judge for the last five years on the show. It was a shock to get the news as I was under the impression that I was wanted for the show. However, things changed abruptly. My lawyer was told and had it confirmed again today that I will not be needed."

He continued: "I imagine I will go through the gamut of emotions ranging from loss, to 'woe is me' to a rational balanced approach that justifies the decision in the next few weeks. I've had some of this already. In some strange way, even though I was a contractor out of contract, the surprising and somewhat cursory goodbye feels like I've been sacked!

"So I expect some natural emotional rollercoastering. I have enjoyed being part of a super team and a big show - I love showbusiness. It has sometimes been great fun and often very challenging as a journey for me as a judge on DOI."

Speaking positively about his future, he added: "There are blessings in the news. DOI does take time and a lot of head-space for me and I have been craving time for my own projects.

"Now I have more which is a win. My next year is planned as one of learning, writing and developing music, video and my own show in my studio. I am on a journey that I hope will end up with something magical to give the world.

"I wish all the DOI crew, producers and front-of-house talent every success for series six which I am sure will be as action-packed as ever. Thank you for the five years I've had. I must admit though that I will be glad not to have people shouting down my ear in a hostile environment for a while."

None of last year's judges - Jason Gardiner, Karen Barber, Emma Bunton and Robin Cousins - have been confirmed to return yet for the 2011 series.
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)