Celebrity Big Brother 2024 crowns winner...

Celebrity Big Brother 2024 crowns winner...

Postby dutchman » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:51 pm

Who came out on top?

Celebrity Big Brother has officially crowned its 2024 winner.

Friday night's (March 22) live final saw presenters AJ Odudu and Will Best announce the exciting news that David Potts had won the series, after nearly three-and-a-half million votes were cast.

"I really did not expect this at all. Thank you so much," David said in his exit interview, adding: "I got a bus down from Bolton and thought I'd give it a whirl, and now I'm here."

Earlier in the night, it was revealed that Fern Britton finished in fifth place, Louis Walsh came in fourth, Colson Smith had a third-place finish, and the runner-up for the series was Nikita Kuzmin.

"It's been a fantastic ride, and I'm so happy to be out," Fern told AJ and Will following her exit from the house.

Louis was evicted next and explained the rollercoaster of emotions he experienced on the show: "I am so glad to be out, we had a brilliant time, but it was scary. It's the best show in town, but it's scary. I nearly wanted to go a few times – it really is tough at night."

The former X Factor judge also shared what the experience has taught him, saying: "It challenged me, it really did. Most people are good when you get to know them. You can't judge a book by its cover."

Colson told AJ and Will that he was "buzzing" with his podium finish, adding: "It's amazing. I feel so lucky to have been on the show – never thought I'd have a podium finish. I'm absolutely delighted. It's been an honour to be in the house."

When asked about his close friendship with David, Nikita and Bradley Riches, the Coronation Street star said: "I've been so lucky with Brad, Dave and Nik with the way we've bonded. Every night we've had each other, and we've had each other's company.

"There's been constant light relief and deep conversations. Without those lads, I would've struggled so, so much in there."

Runner-up Nikita then shared his surprise at coming second and thanked viewers for supporting him: "I'm kind of asking 'why me?' I really don't understand. I just feel this sense of happiness. I feel grateful and joy."

It's been an eventful last week in the Celebrity Big Brother house, as multiple shock evictions narrowed the housemates down to the final five.

Ekin-Su Cülcüloğlu and Levi Roots were the first to face Big Brother's wrath last Friday night, followed by another double eviction on Tuesday when Marisha Wallace and Zeze Millz were shown the door.

The evictions finally came to a head in Thursday night's penultimate episode, with Bradley Riches voted out of the house just hours before the final.

If you're already missing CBB, there is good news. ITV previously confirmed another instalment of the civilian series is already in the works — with applications now open.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)