Dancing on Ice eliminates eighth celebrity in semi-final...

Dancing on Ice eliminates eighth celebrity in semi-final...

Postby dutchman » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:52 pm

Only four celebrities remain

Dancing on Ice has eliminated its eighth celebrity contestant.

Flying Week – the season's semi-finals – saw each celebrity contestant perform two routines: one with their pro partners performing a rigged flight above the rink and one 'solo skate'.

Amber Davies and Simon Proulx-Sénécal left the competition just before the final.

The couple performed a routine to 'Wildest Dreams' by Taylor Swift and scored the first perfect '40.0' of the series, but landed in the skate-off against radio DJ Adele Roberts and Mark Hanretty, who skated to 'Rise Like a Phoenix' by Conchita Wurst.

Ashley Banjo, Oti Mabuse and Christopher Dean all voted to save Adele, meaning head judge Jayne Torvill's vote was irrelevant – but she confirmed she would have done the same.

"I just feel like younger me would not believe that I've had this experience. It has been life-changing in so many ways. The team as a whole is amazing," Amber said after her elimination, before shouting out the production team.

For the episode's 'solo skate', the five remaining celebrities had to perform a group routine, with each celebrity getting their moment in the spotlight.

The winning celebrity, Greg Rutherford, received an extra five points on top of his score for his partnered skate.

After a routine featuring 'Highway to Hell' by AC/DC, Amber placed fifth, Adele Roberts fourth, Coronation Street's Ryan Thomas third, and Made in Chelsea's Miles Nazaire second.

For their partner skates, Greg and Vanessa James skated to 'A Sky Full of Stars' by Coldplay, and Miles skated with Vanessa Bauer to 'Feeling Good' by Michael Bublé.

Ryan and Amani Fancy's routine saw the pair perform to 'Ain't That a Kick in the Head?' by Robbie Williams.

Next week's final will see Adele, Ryan, Greg and Miles competing for the crown.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)