The Masked Singer UK reveals 2024 winner...

The Masked Singer UK reveals 2024 winner...

Postby dutchman » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:18 am

Bigfoot, Cricket and Piranha battled it out in the final

Season 5 of The Masked Singer UK came to a close this evening (February 17), meaning we finally have a winner.

Following weeks and weeks of jaw-dropping celebrity unmaskings, the last three remaining contestants were Cricket, Piranha and Bigfoot, closely watched as ever by the panel: Jonathan Ross, Rita Ora, Davina McCall, Mo Gilligan and special guest Rob Brydon.

Having overcome Cricket and Bigfoot in the studio audience vote to become this year's champion, Piranha was revealed to be McFly's Danny Jones.

"You have one of the best voices I have ever heard. Like Danny, I want an album this year," said Rita, while Rob quipped in reference to his band: "If we've learnt anything it's time to dump those losers, those guys have been holding you back!"

Stoked to have won the competition, Danny went on to share: "I've had the most amazing time. I can escape behind here and just be Piranha and sing these songs.

"I've learnt so much, I'm able to sing higher now just from being on this show. I've gone up a whole tone, it's amazing! I am so happy, thank you for making me the champ."

Earlier on in the grand finale, 'If There's Any Justice' soul singer Lemar Obika lifted off Cricket's head, with all five panellists guessing his identity correctly.

"You sounded fantastic!" praised Rob, who has today responded to Gavin & Stacey revival rumours.

Reflecting on his The Masked Singer experience, Lemar told the panel: "I thought it was gonna be fun, but it's been more fun than I could've imagined.

"I'm a fan of the show anyway but just getting to express yourself on different songs that people maybe wouldn't expect, that's been a lot of fun."

Meanwhile, finishing as the 2024 runner-up was Bigfoot, who turned out to be The Last Leg co-host Alex Brooker, even though he dashed the rumours just days ago.

"It was just the most fun. I love the show, my daughters love the show," he commented after being unveiled.

"I love the character, I love Bigfoot. I'm really gonna miss him because as soon as I got asked to do this I said, 'I wanna be something cuddly and cute that my kids are gonna love.'"

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)